Monday, March 18, 2019

Building a Network


My blogging, of late, has been on literary writing, though this one is about writing, in general.  A couple of webinars I heard recently emphasized the importance of creating a writer's network.  One by The Write Practice talked about building a cohort of supports and writers with whom you can share your contacts and who can help you along the way.  It always seemed somewhat important to have a support network of fellow writers, but I never knew how important it was. 

A network, from what I understand now, is everything when it comes to the success of a writer.  A writer cannot succeed alone.   I have been building my writer's network for a while.  A good friend of mine has started self-publishing her books.  She helped me figure out the world of blogging.  I have friends in my writer's group and social network, who have been helping me polish my writing.  My sister sent me the contact of a publisher recently, one who could very well be the key to my future.   I have two children and a husband, all of whom are writers, all of whom help me create, polish, and refine. I have been building a network on Twitter and FaceBook for a while.  However, it seems that this is just the beginning if I am to succeed. 

If you haven't, start your writer's network now.  See other writers not as competition but as the keys to your success.  They can support you as you support them.  You can share with each other tricks, connections, and skills that will help both of you become more than you ever could alone.  Start your writer's network now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment