Saturday, December 26, 2015

Fulfillment



For the last year and a half, I have been working on the first novel of a sort of LDS romance trilogy, a tag team novel that starts with After the dream and is about Julia and Pedro, who discover that the illusion of happily ever after doesn't last and then have to pick up the pieces and start anew.  The next one will feature one of the major characters from the first one and will be called Pigs Fly.  It's about Connor, a man who decides he will only marry when pigs fly, then he meets a female pilot with a pet pig.  The third, Drama's Queen, features Connor's mentor, Gayle, who is a woman in her late fifties/early sixties and has decided since romance has never worked out for her, she only ever needs to worry about taking care of her elderly mother and running a community theater.  Then a man comes along to complicate things.

I have been wanting to get properly published in a popular market for as long as I can remember.  I have children's books and other short pieces to send out, but it always feels like pressing things get in the way of moving forward on my dream.  There is no satisfaction like seeing that email that publishers have received your manuscript after a lifetime of wanting that.  Of course, it will be better yet when I get an acceptance.  But that email ranked among the best Christmas presents I've ever had.  It means I followed through on a commitment to myself at long last.  Now, to push forward with the next.

I hope everyone who reads this had a wonderful Christmas season.

No comments:

Post a Comment